Salvia hispanica, also known as Chia (pronounced chee'ah), is the richest and only unprocessed, whole food source of pure Omega3. A member of the mint family, Chia is native to Central America and has been used traditionally for over 3000 years.
Ancient Aztec warriors prized Chia as an endurance-promoting Superfood, eating it in bread just before battle, and drinking it in water before running long distances on foot. Mixed in lemonade or fruit juice (known as chia fresca) Omega3 Chia seed quickly becomes a refreshing, performance-enhancing energy drink.
Due to its high fiber content (more than 35%) Chia seed has the remarkable ability to absorb ten times its weight in water, making it an excellent source of hydration. Omega3 Chia's fiber forms a gel that slows the absorption of sugar into the bloodstream, binds it to toxins in the digestive system, and helps eliminate waste.
Omega3 Chia is especially rich in essential fatty acids. One 15gm serving provides more than 3gm of Omega3 (as alpha-linolenic acid) and 1gm of Omega6 (linoleic acid) in a perfectly balanced 3:1 ratio, making it the richest, unprocessed and fully-digestible whole food source of Omega3.
Because they are loaded with high-ORAC antioxidants like quercetin, caffeic acid and chlorogenic acid, Omega3 Chia seeds maintain a 99% sprout rate and have a shelf life of up to five years. Furthermore, Chia seeds are rich in calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, zinc; many trace minerals and biologically complete protein, making them the perfect survival food.
Omega3 Chia's health benefits were the subject of a study conducted by the Nutritional Science Research Institute, in cooperation with Dr. David Neiman of Appalachian State University. NSR's randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled trial explored Omega3 Chia's sugar stabilizing, weight control properties and found that the antioxidants in Chia seed are rapidly absorbed and Alpha-Linoleic Acid (ALA) readily converted to both EPA and DHA by the body. Click here to learn more about the results of this study performed by Dr. Jack Bukowski. Omega 3 Chia was also studied by the Strength and Conditioning Department of the University of Alabama and found to be as effective as carb-loading for enhancing endurance. Click here for the results of this study performed by Travis Illian of the Human Performance Laboratory.
- Chia seeds have thousands of years of safe historical human consumption
- GREENS+ Omega3 Chia is the only ISO 9000 Certified (International Organization for Quality and standards) chia seeds
- Chia seeds enhance energy levels and extend endurance
- Chia seeds are 100% cholesterol free, and trans fat free
- Omega3 Chia is NOT genetically modified (GMO)
- Chia seeds contain significant amounts or Quercetin antioxidants that aid in reducing inflammation
- Omega3 Chia is one of the highest overall antioxidant containing foods (ORAC i680 pr 22g) — more than blueberries and prunes
- Omega3 Chia is gluten free, and can be eaten by people suffering from celiac disease.
- Chia seeds aid in increasing nutrient absorption and utilization
- Omega3 Chia is a complete, whole and natural food, not a supplement.
- Omega3 Chia is a perfect digestive aid, creating better assimilation of food and excess stomach acids
- Omega3 Chia is a dieters dream, fat replacement, food extender and creates a full satiated feeling.
- Chia seeds encourage healthy and gentle bowel elimination
- Omega3 Chia is certified Kosher
- Chia seeds prevent dehydration and aids in Electrolyte Balance
How can you get more Omega3 Chia in your diet?
In America, we are undernourished but overfed. Much of the food we eat lacks healthy nutrients. By adding the nutrient density of to your food you will greatly increase your nutritional intake and ability to achieve well rounded nutritional health.
100 grams (3.5oz.) of Omega3 Chia is:
- a source of Magnesium equivalent to 53 ounces of Broccoli
- a source of Iron equivalent to 10 ounces of Spinach A source of Folate equivalent to 2 ounces of Asparagus
- a source of Fiber equivalent to 4 ounces of Bran
- a source of Calcium equivalent to 23 ounces of Milk
- a source of Potassium equivalent to 6 ounces of Bananas
- a source of Antioxidants equivalent to 10 ounces of Blueberries
- a source of Omega3 Fatty Acids equivalent to 28 ounces of Atlantic Salmon
To take advantage of Chia's amazing benefits, mix with lemonade, juice or your favorite beverage. Or try one of these wonderful recipes. For more recipes and great information on cooking with Chia, send your name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org for a free cookbook.
Do you have a recipe using Greens Plus products?
We'd love to hear your ideas. Please send to email@example.com.
Omega3 Chia is a registered trademark of Omega3 Chia, LLC
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.